Adaptations Reflection

First you should look through the Rubric we have been using and identify with a highlighter or pen what you achieved.

Then look at the post that was created at the beginning of the Unit-here

At the top there are are 3 areas in blue that describe the opportunities you were given for learning:

1. Science Knowledge
  2. Science Inquiry Skills
  3. Personal and Social Capabilities

During your reflection you should reflect on something you learned from EACH of these areas at least once.

Write a reflection of what you have learnt during this term’s Science unit and project. Your reflection must include:
Section 1
An introduction summarising the project and what you achieved with your team-mention here items from the rubric that you feel you did well or could have improved on. What overall level did you achieve and why do you think that?

Then include:

• Three facts that you found interesting or surprising.
  • Two understandings you now have.
  • One wonder you still have.

Section 2
Next, refer to your learning throughout the unit (in the whole class lessons, in your research pairs, at the excursion, and in science experiments) and answer:

• What were the most important things I have learnt.
  • How did I learn it.
  • What am I going to do with what I have learnt.

To conclude create a statement that summarises what you have learnt in both section 1 and section 2 and a goal you have for the next time you work in a group.
Look at Adriana’s and Anton’s Term Three Project Reflection from when they completed this unit when they were in Year 5 to help you get an idea of a standard to reach for:
Adriana’s reflection

Anton’s reflection

Note that these reflections use full sentences and paragraphs. Both these reflections include an extra paragraph where they reflect on goals they had set at the start of the unit. As we did not do this, you don’t have to include this section.